Huh?

Utah, United States
One night while tucking Abby into bed she sweetly chimed, "good night! Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bites bug you!" I like her thinking. Sometimes life bites. The trick is to not let it bug you.

Monday, April 04, 2011

Summon Your Eagle Powers!

(Thanks, Scott aka "Nacho")

My friend Heidi turned me on to a website that has a ustream live broadcast of an eagle's nest. Two days ago the eggs began to hatch, and the last egg is expected to begin hatching any minute. You can see the two little fuzzballs and the remaining egg every now and then as the eagle moves around. When I first went to the website, I thought, "wow, this is tedious!" Didn't think I'd last long on that site. Funny enough, it becomes a little hypnotic watching the eagle, and now I keep checking back in case I miss something!

I guess I find it nice to be witnessing this rite of spring because winter seems to want to keep its grip on us as long as possible this year. The 6-or-so inches we got yesterday weighed so heavily on our budding globe willow, 4 or 5 large branches fell. We only found out because our neighbor called to let us know. Enjoying a lazy Sunday and still in my pjs, I got in my car and drove through the storm to the other side of the house to investigate (I know, I just bumped my carbon shoe size to 12). Photo taken today. Happily, snow is melting.

Considering it is still early April, I realize I'm being unrealistic not to expect snow in Utah. After all, about this time last year we had occasion to build a snow bunny!

No comments: